I gota poser for all you TL125 mod junkies

RolandTheHeadless

Pull the cover off and you might be able to tell, you certainly would not want to ride it like that.  The OEM flywheel should have part numbers stamped on it and you should be able to see the coils attached to the cover.

So I take it the steel part we see behind the bolts and the paper gasket on one side is a stationary steel spacer ring?

We need to see inside to know what they did in there 👍

... and only one field coil so they fibbed about the adding lights part.  Extra weight on the crank will lessen the likelihood of a stall but also retards the engines ability to accelerate.  Your riding style is what will determine if the heavy flywheel is a desirable modification or counter productive to your riding, when I rode TY250 I found it advantageous to go the opposite way and lighten the flywheel by removing the factory added weight  ymmv.

This is kinda a obsolete mod.

Not many riders uses heavy flywheels anymore, as far as I can tell from the internet forums I have been looking at (including this one )

It seems that top riders even lighten their flywheels 

I can't change it ( the spacer is pressed into the case) so I will live with it. (I could change to a stock flywheel and leave the spacer intact) 

I don't know the difference at the moment, but a buddy had a stock motor in his TL and I can try his in the near future

I don't think top riders' preferences have anything to do with a TL125.  🙂  

Personally, I like a lot of flywheel inertia. See: https://www.electricmotiontech.com/home/em-epure-race/my-modifications/adding-flywheel-inertia

The best test would be to borrow your buddy's flywheel and install it on your bike. That way, any other differences won't complicate the evaluation.

P.S. I'll bet that steel spacer is more corroded into the case than pressed.  Aluminum has a greater coefficient of thermal expansion than steel, so a little heat will probably loosen it.

• Like 1

My brother added weight to his RL250 crank and when his throttle stuck on in a fall the extra weight twisted the crankshaft, didn't make him ride any better it just cost him a major service.

... most fun ever on a stock TL125 was sneaking up on people in the woods, they were nice and quiet stock.

Edited by lemur
  • Like 1

Well after searching the interwebs, I found that I could either get a clapped out muffler and repair it for $200, or for 340 I can have a Sammy Miller 

Sooo I came up with the extra 140 and pulled the trigger.

The Sammy will be here next week... Til then I will run her around with what she has.