Rev3 2000 USD Forks

carlanthony663

I do apologise if this has been discussed before, a quick search didn't bring up much. I just got back into trials after having a lot of fun last year on a TXT 250 and my boys 125. I have just picked up a 2000 Rev3 200. I know the USD forks aren't ideal but the soft, buttery power delivery swung the deal for me. I'm hoping it will help with the utter lack of talent I had finding traction on my old TXT.

I am pondering swapping out the forks and yokes with a right way up set up from a later year, but in the short term, I'd very much like to service these tired USDs. I'm struggling to find much online regarding seal sizes and bushings. Even better would be videos or photos of the internals before I take them apart incorrectly and their guts fall over my workshop floor rendering their rebuild even more of a challenge.

Anyone aware of any resources where I can find out more?

image.thumb.png.5c8fe77704b4ea383351720da482f379.png

Edited by carlanthony663
Adding an image

@carlanthony663 There is an exploded view of that fork and part description list at www.thehellteam.com in Tech Support Gas Gas Info , choose GasGas parts books and then look in 1993 GasGas Trial Contact T Parts , Year 92 also shows that PAIOLI 36mm upside down fork .

Edited by Tr1AL

Yes, they come a part the same as a regular fork. (Just upside down) Remive the dust seal and clip. Pull the tube hard. Several attempts. The seal and bushing will come out together. Just leave the forks on the bike. Remove the fender, brackets and front tire. Actually very easy. DO NOT SPIN THE LOWER BRACKETS OFF THE FORK TUBE! You can and you might be unhappy with the results.

Thank you for the replies guys, really appreciate that.

So its just the circlip holding the two sections together? I've only stripped one set of forks before on an old CBR125, that had a bolt holding the damping rod down preventing the two sections separating, not the case on these?

The seals can be slid off and on with the fork bottoms still in place?

2 hours ago, carlanthony663 said:

...  So its just the circlip holding the two sections together? ...

Never!  That would be a formula for complete disaster from the first time you did a wheelie.