Gas Gas Txt 50 Upgrade Kit

valdes

Hi,

I just purchased a TXT 50 Boy and installed a 70 cc. kit on it. Does anyone know what jetting to use with this bigger motor? What mods could be made to the transmission to make it more direct in order for the Child to get power sooner and not wait until it revs. up like crazy.

re the lack of low down power, I fear you (or rather the child) may be stuck. Our TXT80 is gutless at low revs & eventually gets going, almost like turbo lag. My boy is not finding it the easiest bike to ride having changed last year froma ty80, though some of that is because it is a much bigger bike. Our bike also runs mega rich when used as a trials bike (i.e. it's fine when you do 1/4,1/2 and full throttle plug chops) so I have been tinkering with the carb to get it to run better i.e leaner. I personally would try the carb settings for the 50 and see how it runs before you start buying bigger jets/slides and needles. A short ride to these carb settings will not damage the engine - do a plug chop and see what the plug looks like. Also run the fuel:oil ratio at 70:1. Good luck

I had one of these TXT50's for a while until it was stolen by some loser. The best thing you can do for these is put on a 5 or 6 tooth larger rear sprocket. Although I didn't get a chance to try it some say that adding a clutch plate or thicker clutch plates brings the centrifugal clutch into play alot sooner and can also be made to be manual clutch only. Don't know the specifics of this though.

Ran one of these for 2 years in the youth Nationals. Put the big rear sprocket on and wind up the carb idle until you have to use the brakes to stop the thing going forward. Now back of the idle a tad and BINGO no lag and easy wheelies care of the new gearing,

Several people tried converting to a manual clutch but none with great success.

Have fun and enjoy the electrics!!!!!

Sold our TXT Boy 18 months ago and I've just found the fan in the back of the van !!!!

Took it off because it didn't work and never bothered replacing it.

Although I always carried a bottle of water with me when the weather was hot and there was a bit of queuing.

Mike