Rev3 Plastics

Guest sean.smith

Guest sean.smith

does any one no of any were i can get after market front and rear mudgaurds for my rev3 2001 ones i have got are the original ones but thay are so brittle thay will snap if you look at them the wrong way.

A while ago I looked into the possibility of manufacturing aftermarket plastics for trials bikes. I'm sure most of us break either the front or rear mudguards at least once a year and OEM replacements are very expensive. I also thought that it'd be nice to provide colour alternatives - how about a white Beta for example (or maybe pink for Essex Rider :)) However, some preliminary enquiries suggested that the initial expense of having moulds made etc. to cover all the different models and years of bikes would be prohibitively expensive given the relatively small market and probable short-term returns.

Still, I'm surprised none of the larger aftermarket manufacturers (Acerbis or Polisport for example) haven't picked up on the trials market. Maybe it's because (most) trials riders replace plastics through neccessity, not vanity and fashion as seems to be the case in MX :lol: