2023 Epure rear brake feel

Have a new 23 epure (not race). I’m struggling with the lack of feel in the rear brake. I’ve been riding a 5.7 since err 2014!  Upgraded in 2016 and from the getgo converted the back brake to left handlebar mount (like my mountain bike) primarily to stop the woohoo let’s go backwards free wheel experience when the motor cuts on a sudden load (going over a log fast uphill). You only do it once!  23 has the anti reverse- nice so I thought I’d be a big boy again and go foot brake but it’s horrible no feel it’s nearly put me over the bars -  it’s like a very good parking brake!  I use the PRB but I like the throttle against the rear brake to tighten turns and the PRB doesn’t work that way. I can grind a portion of the rear pads to soften but any other solutions out there. And has anyone added my old brake solution under the PRB so 2 levers?  Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

I find rear brakes lacking in feel on any bike. Stiff soled boots just don't transit any information through to your foot, but at least on an EM you can hear what the back tyre is doing. I am really tempted by the idea of putting a left-hand rear brake on my '21 Race but the combination of FRB and rear brake is just about good enough to stop me bothering (so far).