Is the difference in power delivery between the TRS one R and Rr

Rosscorob

I've decided on a TRS one but I'm getting mixed reviews between the One R and RR.  I've heard for a very average rider (like me) the One R is forgiving but offers the versatility of the other models without having to "tame it".  I've also however heard people who say they find the RR perfectly smooth and not too much of a handful.  I totally get that rider ability playa a massive part but I was looking for any experience or advice subjective to an average rider looking to improve some of the "trick" type skills such as blips and hopping etc. Thanks.  

If it's any use, i had a RR in 2018. I'm an easy course over 50s The bike was excellent, brakes stearing suspension and an engine i would describe as more lively than a beta but manageable, with slow throttle for my lack of ability. I went back to 4 stroke and twinshock but recently bought a 250 R. Love it, still has the great brakes and suspension, plenty of power but very smooth delivery, front end feels light but not overly so. Perfect bike for me. I'm not into hoping zapping flicking etc but the bike will will do it easily, as a friend demonstrated. I guess if i was wanting to progress to harder stuff I might go for the RR as, why not? But feel the R is a bit like Beta making the 300 Supersoft i.e tuned for our weather and conditions rather than continental dry big rocks. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, timdog said:

If it's any use, i had a RR in 2018. I'm an easy course over 50s The bike was excellent, brakes stearing suspension and an engine i would describe as more lively than a beta but manageable, with slow throttle for my lack of ability. I went back to 4 stroke and twinshock but recently bought a 250 R. Love it, still has the great brakes and suspension, plenty of power but very smooth delivery, front end feels light but not overly so. Perfect bike for me. I'm not into hoping zapping flicking etc but the bike will will do it easily, as a friend demonstrated. I guess if i was wanting to progress to harder stuff I might go for the RR as, why not? But feel the R is a bit like Beta making the 300 Supersoft i.e tuned for our weather and conditions rather than continental dry big rocks. 

Thanks very much for this. Did you feel the RR was maybe a but snappy without the slow throttle? Also do you find the One R pretty capable of doing most stuff in terms of sections etc?

I had a 280RR ('17) and now have a 250RR ('23).  Both are not too much if you are used to powerful motorcycles.  The 280 was overkill but all I could find for sale at the time.  The 250 is very nice and I am really enjoying it.  The big difference is the 250 is much easier to kick over and uses about half as much fuel as the 280.  I have very very average skills and am still working on hopping.  The bike has a nice light front and wheelies easily.  There are a couple of One R riders in our club and they are all better than me.

If I were starting over I think I would look at a 125 as bike 1 to be honest.  We bought a Beta (shared me and the missus)  The Beta is much less agressive and she used it for about 3 years before going to an EM.  (I bought the 280 as she hogged the shared bike)

None of the different bikes will improve your skills.  However, to be honest I have found that changing bikes can help as it makes you think a bit more.  Well that's my excuse for always looking at new bikes anyway 😀

• Like 2

I found the RR a bit to lively with fast throttle, for my skills and NEast conditions. Much better with slow although I'm sure some folk will say just needs finer throttle/cluth control.  The R is no slouch mind, don't think that it is docile, but you can still have fast or slow throttles. More than enough for most mortals. 

I've had a 250 beta and it's capable of way more than I am but i feel better on the TRS. Would definitely have another. Personally i don't like a 125, again they are capable of way more than i can do but i prefer the low end of a 250. Might not NEED a 250 but much prefer the power delivery. 

Don't know if you have the chance but always good to try and have a ride on someone's first.

• Like 2