Montesa 315r investment ??

Greasemonkey367

Hi there,

I am looking for a bike that will hold its value and not devalue. I’m looking at this Montesa 2004 315R. 

Im not fully up to date with older bikes like this but you guys will know more than me. They are wanting £2500 for the bike and there doesn’t seem to be many about and none relatively near to me.

please let me know you thoughts or if you could suggest any other good Honda/Montesa bikes to invest in

IMG_2047.jpeg

IMG_2048.jpeg

IMG_2046.jpeg

Classic bike prices went high at end of lockdown but market very slow now.  I wouldn't describe many bikes now as an actual investment. So depends if you're looking for bike to keep, ride, progress on etc. 

• Like 1

I dont think you will loose much on that bike if you go ahead with the purchase. The 2004 was the last of the 315's so the best to get, Doesnt look 

like that one has done a great deal as the rainbow coating on the forks is still in place/.

No trials bike is an investment if you're going to ride it as intended. The 315 is a nice bike to play on, that one looks to be in decent condition. However, it is probably around the top of the price range for a standard bike and it isn't going to stay in that condition long if you use use it - at least, not if you use it like it I do the formerly 'mint' condition bike I bought around 3 years ago.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Classic bikes and cars have fallen out of bed, and I can't see things changing in the near future...so, as stated, as an investment probably poor. 

I owned a 315R, OK bikes, personally I thought they were a tad overated, even in the day, going from the 315 to an equivalent Sherco and Gasser made the 315 feel quite clunky, but YMMV. 

Good luck with your search😎