What is the differnce of the TXT Racing vs TXT Raga?

thesaint

A friend of me had a Beta he sold and he regrets it so he wants to buy a used Gas Gas TXT.

We have looked at ad`s for both 2012 Gas Gas TXT 300 Racing and a 2009 or 2010 Gas Gas TXT 300Raga. This bike have the gold painted frame and was it not the 09 and 10 that came with agold painted frame.

Can any body tell what the diffence is of these models? If there is any differnce other than the paint on the frame and engine

1 A. 2012 Gas Gas TXT 300 Racing.jpg

1 B. 2010 Gas Gas TXT 300 Raga.jpg

Edited by thesaint

@thesaint your picture of the gold raga is of a later version than the 2009 about  a 2011.  The 2009 Raga should have unless changed by previous owners magnesium engine cases and clutch cover and a carbon fibre end casing affixed to the exhaust mid box all for quite a reduction in weight probably about 2 kg that is about the only major differences. The 2012 Racing has a revised swing arm linkage ratio and the rear end of the frame that supports the shock is revised to improve stiffness/strength  Dougie Lampkin was involved in the development at this time if I am correct and so this is a plus for the 2012 bike ,  there are no magnesium bits on the racing AFAIK apart from this there is not much of a difference between the two that many people would really notice when riding . The 2012 racing may have Formula made brake master cylinders and calipers in place of the usual AJP/BRAKTEC , these were considered to be crap at the time oddly in my experience of a Formula front brake i had on a bike it was the best brake I ever had. The well admired TECH forks that are revered  at present are made by Formula. If you do end up with Formula brakes then finding spare parts for them will probably be difficult and costly. That is about it really only other thing I can think of is the Airbox and rear mudguard which are completely different .

• Like 1

Keihin and I think an ohlins on the raga vs dellorto and a Sachs on the racing. IMO Id get the freshest bike he can get, the difference between the racing and raga is negligible. Agreed on the formula brakes above, the master cylinder seals disintegrated quickly, decent brake while they worked though.

Check any magnesium crank cases for a broken bottom engine mount

Edited by faussy
  • Like 1

Neither of the pictures i posted is of the bikes my friend have looked at. These are just pictures from the internet.

I was told today the Raga with gold painted frames was sold in 2009 and 2010 and this by a person that repairs Gas Gas bikes.

Well, now i know what the difference is. 

My friend looked at another bike today. It is a 2015 Jotagas JTG that looks not to have been abused and the bike have a really nice price as well. 

But i really do not know so much about Jotagas either other than what i have read about it here on the forum