One pair of boots, two purposes?

hollywoodcrash

Seeing as you already have MX boots, I'd be looking at it the other way, Trials boot is equally multi-purpose, I even like them for hiking and operating a chainsaw.  Trials boots as daily wear do wear out fast, that's a down-side.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lemur said:

Trials boot is equally multi-purpose, I even like them for hiking and operating a chainsaw.

+1

When I would take newbies trials riding, they always asked about boots.  I would recommend any boots (hiking boots, combat boots, even road racing boots) before MX boots.

One local motorcycle accessory shop found that although it was not worth stocking Gaerne trials boots for trials riders (not enough of them), it was for adventure riders. 

I like my Gaernes for building sections.  I prefer the stiffer Alpinestars Tech Ts for actual riding. 

It's really important to try on any boot you are considering, as there is no size consistency among manufacturers.  And I've even found a "pair" of boots that felt like totally different sizes.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, hollywoodcrash said:

Say you were just getting started in Trials (me), but also did adventure trips in the summer. I think these Leatt HydraDri 7.5 boots might work well for both, thoughts from the group?https://www.advrider.com/leatt-hydradri-7-5-boots/

My other boots are very stiff, heavy motocross style (Astar Tech 8).

Thanks.

Looks like they have a heel

I’m riding sometimes trial and other times dual sport, possibly similar to what you have in mind. I have a pair of Gaerne Balance Pro Tech and love them. There’s no break-in period at all and they’re extremely comfortable. Also, very easy to walk in like they’re a sneaker. I like the soles the most because they are very grippy and just enough stiffness (stiffer than a sneaker) for support yet allow me to walk and move my ankles around. There’s no heal either so you can move your feet on pegs anywhere you want. They have another version of the same boot called Balance Oiled that are more expensive because they have a waterproof liner inside. They’re marketed as both trial boots and adventure boots.  

IMG_6373.jpeg

• Like 1