TKO Switch and Wiring

trapezeartist

I've just bought an ex-school 2023 ePure Race from Inch Perfect. It looks beautiful and I'm generally very happy with it, but like any secondhand (or even new) bike there are one or two things to sort out.

I'm not impressed with the way the TKO switch is mounted. It's awkwardly inaccessible and is mounted on a curved bit of frame tube so it doesn't fit well. As a consequence mud and water can get into the back of the switch, which has happened. I'm thinking of putting it on the handlebars instead. Has anyone else tried that? It would require a two wire extension about 1 metre long (I haven't measured it yet) with male and female connectors. I can find pre-wired connectors with short tails which I could use but that would entail soldering in a section in the middle which I would like to avoid if possible. Any ideas where I could get a pre-made extension?

Search "jwpf extension cable."  AliExpress would seem the most likely source for a single cable.

Are you sure the TKO function can be switched in real-time?  Maybe EM put the switch where it is because the controller only senses its state at boot-up or when the mode is changed?  I don't know.

But yeah, it does seem like a horrible place for the switch itself.

Thanks konrad. I tried that search and the only doubled-ended male-to-female cables are from AliExpress, and they are only 20cm long. I haven't measured yet but I need about 1 metre. The pre-wired connectors are on order so that is likely to be the route I go. While I'm waiting for the postman to walk all the way from China I will look out for a suitable IP-rated switch that could be mounted in the under-seat position as an alternative solution.

I don't know if the TKO switch will function on the move. I hadn't considered it before but it offers an intriguing possibility if it does. My main objection is the fact that a switch designed to be mounted on a straight bit of tube is mounted on a bend, so mud and water can get into the back of the switch.