Fork Mounted Fuel Tank

doogle

At various trials I have got chatting to a guy from the north east (I think) who rides a Scorpa. He had a alloy fuel tank mounted to the front of his forks where the number plate would go, which he had had made for him. He was definately at the Lakes last year, and I think he was at the Manx. He also brought some engine covers for his scorpa off my mate.

Anyway the point I am trying to get at is, does anybody know who he is? I would like to get a picture of his fuel tank so I can have a go at getting one made. If he doesn't mind me copying him. I am hoping to possibly do a few long distance trials/ a bit of trail riding on my monty and need to carry more fuel safely.

Or does anyone know where I can get hold of one of those old plastic ones they used to make a few years back.

Thanks for your help.

Dave

alan wright of trico products had some plastic ones at last years ssdt.

i work on his stall up there and i remember seeing some. think they where made by delay products of spain.

you know the scorpa rider you mention. did he have a polished ally main fuel tank? i know one lad who had a custom made tank for his scorpa and i think he made that.

I was looking at an American website yesterday cant remember which one

( probably a link from gasgas usa or sherco usa) and although the plastic tank was listed and had photos/price etc the blurb said it was not available at present..