4t Fence Sitters !

daggs888

The sales of the 4rt are through the roof according to Montesa's end of year financials - up a staggering percentage since launch and over 150 % more orders in the pipe than this time last year.

2nd hand bikes going up in value and like hens teeth !. the 2t fence sitters are starting to jump and early indications of montesa's 4t decision now paying off with the likely ban of 'normal' (i exclude this as a deffinate as fuel injection etc is a 2t option) 2t's from 2007 > .... VIVA !

Yes it's not the 1st yet but closing the year end books is optional from yesterday ... good profits mean close the books as early as possible and get the pipeline into next years forcasting (keeps the shareholders happy)/

I don't think it really matters 2T or 4T! I love my 2stroke, and I have ridden all of the new 4T's. For me, even though the 4T's are really cool bikes and I like them, but, they are not better than the 2strokes!

My big beef with these new bikes is this! I think it's a joke that they are priced so much higher than the 2strokes. You can't logically argue with me that it cost a company like Honda (which only, or predominantly produces 4t's)more money to produce a 4T engine compared to a 2stroke!

But, in the end right now any way it doesn't matter. If you like your 4T that is great because it's all about enjoying your bike and everytime you ride. I prefer my 2stroke too.If and when I beleive that one of the 4T's is better or an advantage I will happily buy one too!

Cheers, Steve

They also maybe a bit too heavy for me but i want to try one

Ill stick with beta for now!!  :(  :D

:thumbup: Right this weight thing really is gettin on my t**s at this stage!!!!! Early last year one of the american guys on here weighed all the 05 bikes on the same device..... My apologies, can't remember who it was, but do a search here on the forums & you'll find these results....

Gasgas Pro 70.7kg,

Raga Pro 67.1kg,

Sherco 2T 72.1kg,

Scorpa 2T 73.9kg,

Montesa 4RT 73.9kg

Beta 74.3kg,

Scorpa 125 4T 74.4kg.

Granted the bikes had no oil or fuel, maybe the 900cc of oil a Mont needs tips in over the edge weight wise?? Though the 1/3 less fuel it needs to cover the same distance possibly balances things out a bit....... Try one if you can, weight is not an issue once you're not coming from a Raga!!!

Sorry Stuhrc Ive only heard they are a lot heavier not knowing that they arent!!

For a begginer like me ill struggle at first (i do on a 2t) But i would much prefer a 4t, especially the no mixing issue as i always worry i havent mixed the fuel etc.

When YOU HAVE USED WORDS OR A PHRASE WHICH ARE NOT PERMITTED ON THIS WEBSITE. PLEASE DELETE YOUR POST/TOPIC. DO NOT TRY TO CIRCUMVENT THE FILTERS IN PLACE ON THIS WEBSITE (part of TBM) tested the five bikes last year, the Montesa 4RT weighed in at 78.05kg fuelled up and ready to ride, whilst the Beta, fuelled up and ready to ride, which was the heaviest of the two-strokes, weighed in at 77.4kg, therefore, the Montesa weighed just .59kg more than the Beta, and I was there to check on the accuracy of the weigh-in which was on two sets of scales so it was a fair and direct comparison.