Sherco Lost Without Grimbo.

cota kid

isuspect that pound notes or more likely euros are the root cause, not even taking grimbos pay into account how much does it cost to cart a couple of bikes a big tin of spanners, a minder, a big van around half the wotld pay for flights and hotels

surely only honda/ montesa can be the only manufactuer who can really 'afford to do it. it must nearly bankrupt the rest...

the world of trials scene wont be the same without grimbo. like totalshell has said about the money situation. some of it might be to do with his age, sherco may feel he is too old. but i hope they regret not putting him in the world champs, he is an awesome rider.as 2004 season wasnt bad but he was gettin better results in 2005 and higher in the overall championship. grimbo would help sherco in the manufacturers championship, as their no.1 ride caby isnt having podium finishes.

grimbo has turned his interest into enduro or so av been told and also i think it was grimbo himself who said that he didnt want to ride the wtc anymore and not the factory but he still does the british adult nationals so hes still gerrin out on his bike which is good but its a big loss for sherco to have lost their number 2 rider

I honestly believe Sherco's profile has suffered for not having Grimbo compete. What an excellent mentor he would have been to the young british sherco riders currently contesting.

Excellent mentor my bum!

I've watched him at the SSDT for a number of years gardening the sections that not one single other rider has tried changing. I actually think gardening is a little tame, maybe I should say landscaping. Why such a good rider feels the need to cheat I just dont know but he's done it at every section I've watched him at. So sorry I couldn't think of a worse mentor for young british riders.

I don't think Sherco will be missing him at all. What I have been told is that the factory where disapointed with sherco enduro sales in the UK, and that they felt that MRS wern't doing enough to raise awareness of the sherco enduro bike. Surely Grimbo is doing that by concentrating on enduro for a while. Just look at his result at hell's gate, bet that got people interested in sherco enduro bikes!

... so why wasn't he fived or excluded by the observers?

Because he's bl00dy good at it. I've seen him and his team told off by observers who've seen him but usually nothing really dig moves with the observer watching. I once watched (Inversanda 2004) Grimbo and friends move a rock slab probably 2 foot across x 8 inch think completely out of the section making a very difficult turn that had taken marks from other top five riders easy. Remember this was his first winning year.

At the SSDT the observer needs to watch a long section and keep 270 time hungry riders flowing. They can't be watching every rider walking the sections too and Grimbo knows this. I also think most observers just don't have the balls to stick there necks out and cause a commotion. Its not the observers fault. If the riders don't cheat the observer is not put in a difficult position and the other 265 riders somehow manage. (Grimbo travels in a pack of four or five mates who help him. A bit like BBC's ground force but without Charlie Dimmock)

Here in England we say one swallow doesn't make a summer...........

Sherco are seriously under-represented at WTC level and Junior for that matter.

And without mincing words they need a model change pretty soon they basically have the 1999 bike in black.

And without mincing words they need a model change pretty soon they basically have the 1999 bike in black.

what you mean like gasgas's old model in black?

The sales of the 06 Sherco are doing ok and its a good machine. What we say in our parts is, "If it aint broke, dont fix it!"