Montesa 315r Suspension

gavit

Hi Guys,

After returning to trials riding from many years ago. My son and I bought two Montesa 315r's. A 2002 and a 2004. Both have been lightly used, yet both have very unresponsive suspension. We see GasGas's hopping around like demented bunnies. Yet our Mont's stick to the earth like the tyres are made of BluTac. What can we do to put some life into the suspension? Thank you in anticipation. :crying:

You can buy or make (if you are clever enough) some new delta plates which link your shock/dog bone/swing arm together.

The through holes in them are offset compared to standard .

This will make the back end more lively but there are downsides as well.

I am sure someone else on this forum can pitch-in to give stockists' contact details.

Both front and rear suspension will have rebound adjusters, theses allow you to change how fast the suspension returns. Less damping = faster return. Make a note of settings before you start to adjust. front suspension is usually on right hand fork top, rear shock is at one end not sure which on a mont. you can also increase the tension on the spring via bolt on left fork top and by the adjusters on the shock.

bear in mind that less damping can also mean less control and grip . without being rude the gas gas you have seen will be jumping because the pilot knows how to do it, also the gas gas is also a lot lighter.

Try to think of it another way, a good rider can probably bunny hop and flick turn a twin shock bike...