Texas Takes Ttc Youth National

copemech

I guess Craig is slumming so I wanted to be the the first to report that Sherco mounted TEXAS rider Josiah Mizell took the Overall Championship at the TTC Youth National with a 1,1,4 in the daily finishes!

I was told it was a tough and close event with Josiah , Ronnie Commo and Alex Bedley battleing it out!

Sorry but that is all the info I have at this time.

These kids are GREAT!

Congrats to all!

:thumbup::D:P:lol::D

Edited by copemech

post-81-1152039655.jpgI've been uploading Bill Ibsen's excellent photos all morning to the TTC website. Also overall results are there. It was a great battle, Josiah won the 1st day and then had a disaster first loop on day 2 and Alex Bedley won. Ronnie was 2nd each of the first 2 days. 3rd day winner would take the overall and Josiah beat Alex by only a few points in a real nail-biter (at least for all the parents and spectators). After his bad day 2, former pro David Chavez stepped in and helped Josiah by minding for him on the final round. It was a great event all around!

All 3 of these guys and about 18 other teenagers are here at TTC this week for a week of practicing together. Bruce LeRiche, Cody Webb, Pat Smage, David Chavez are all practicing with them too.

dan

post-81-1152039692.jpg

Edited by dbrown

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:P

Just got home from TTC. A 13 hour drive gives you a lot of time to reflect on the weekend . Dan i don't know how you a Charlie do it with just over a month to get everything ready after the World round.

Great event, If you haven't been to the Youth Nationals find a way to get there. If you have been but missed this year don't let it happen again!

Al it was great to set and talk with you and Hanna!

Brian R, the plate looks great on the van :lol:

And yes it was great to see Lane and Daniel!!!!

Anyway thanks again Dan :thumbup: We are already planning for next year.

Steve

spinner, glad to see you made it in. We rolled in at 2:30 last night. I too enjoyed visiting with alan and hanna.

Brian, Katy already ripped her rear fender on the amigo another homer in the making????? plus a crash with sarah on katys old 50.

Les, i cant imagine how you keep up. congatiulations to the Mizell boys and impressive bunch all the way around not just riding ability.

I got to speak a little with Lane he's not such a bad guy after all??? Daniel seemed real prepared to ride, what a nail biter.

Steve thanks for all the last minute preps on the bike i think everybody in missouri is going to want to upgrade their clutch spring.

yes the ttc done a wonderful job I am sorry i complained about the event being too easy if we had got the usual rain it would have been a different story. I think Homer having to ride under pressure like that really helped him. Homer was out practicing for next year today real determined however fire crackers ,video games ,basketball ect. may win over some before the years out at least the girl thing isn't occuping his time too much yet. Brenda has turned into a real trials mom informed me we had to go to world round again next year if it is at ttc again.

I know i have left several out thanks to everybody we had a great time and can't wait till next year.

Great to see ya'll again.

John, I hope that you get another one or two riders going.

Homer did excellent! Maybe next year Jordan can get up

on a podium. Practice, practice, practice!

Steve, I'm glad you liked the Gas Gas licence plate. Thanks

for working on the boy's Rookie. Josh did good as usuall.

He's a fun kid. Good sense of humor.

Tough to see some of the kids grow up and not be eligable

for the Youth Nationals anymore. We're going to miss Will

Abel and others. Probably see them at the Nationals, eh.

I need to join in here and say what a great event I thought it was as well. Some things did not go the way I would have liked for them too, but that is life at some point.

The people there were great, wonderful company in the morning noon and night! It was good to meet so many familiar folks, while at the same time there were several new faces in the group as well.

The events were neat, I must say a highlight of for me was my wife Hanna saying, "well, I would ride if I just had a bike" Team RYP / Sherco USA took about 1 second to fill that void with a no problem, we got you covered, then it was "well, but I do not have any boots" Should have seen the look in her eyes when I said, well, I just worked a deal to buy 10 pairs of used boots! I am sure one pair will fit! Then it was, ok, but I would have to have one of those spiffy number plates, once again Brad of Team Sherco came to the rescue, promptly just asking what line she wanted on her plate! Then we got too, "but it does not have my name on it like the kids" (yep, she was grasping at straws by this point!) well, Christina ran over to Brian and he promptly fired up the laser and made her a super cool name plate to go on her custom number plate!

At some point she new that she had been beat :D Although it was a little bit of a letdown, all she could find for a minder / coach / trainer was some 6 time national champion who took the time to walk with her through all the sections :thumbup:

It really was cool to see her and Adrianna out there riding, and on the Tuesday after Mrs. Altman spent some time with Christina out learning to ride, so watch out, there may be a bigger "hot Mamma" class out there next year.

Hopefully it will follow through as there is an almost new Sherco 125 in the trailer now, only ridden three times by a lady Novice rider :P Will just have to see how it all comes together.

I owe a big thanks to Team RYP / Sherco USA, The TTC crew, and especially all the folks that came out and checked and pitched in to make the event a success! I also need to send a very special thanks to Brian, Ms. Catherine, Charlie R, Charlie P and Brad for looking out for my Young uns when work carried Hanna and I back home. It is seldom that you find freinds as great as these.

For those of you sitting on the fence about if you should come or not, Lane made a great post in the other thread about the YN that is worth reading and thinking about (did I just say that) It is what you make of it, and can be a wonderful time for your family to share and make some great memories. And at the end of the day, what is more important?

And I owe a big thanks to the Bechards for watching my monster,

I mean 13 year old. With out them he couldn't have gone to the youth camp all week! Thanks to Jordan's minder Alex Conklin and his family for support.

Great week but I'm glad it's over!

So you actually bought the 1.25 for Hanna?

Thats great!

Well, I did not buy the 1.25 for Hanna she did. We got into that thing where she went,

Well Honey, what should I do? Which I have learned is womens code for, why don't you make this decision so if I am unhappy with it later, I can blame you........ :D

Being all Suave and debonaire, I said, whatever you would like baby,,,,,,,, And started loading a bike. :thumbup:

But, yeah, she bought it. Just have to see how the follow through goes, but yesterday was spent with the calendar and the Trials schedules for the TI and STRA clubs figuring out where we would go so that was an encouraging sign.

Congratulations again to Josiah Mizell on his Championship.

This was our fifth year at the Youth Nationals and always a great experience. We've made many friends along the way and will certainly miss it next year. I'm sure we will see everyone at the NATC nationals in the future.

Will said a couple of years ago that the competing in the Youth Nationals was the best confidence building and riding experience. The event gives them the chance to ride and compete within their age group, an opportunity not usually available in our local club competitions. The support and encouragement from the bike importers has been great as well, they make all the kids feel they are part of the team.

Many thanks to Catharine, Dan and Charlie and all the checkers for all their hard work.

Bob & Will

Just got home from TTC. A 13 hour drive gives you a lot of time to reflect on the weekend

Wow that would have been nice. We left Tuesday and just got home Friday afternoon, it was pretty slow going with three small kids back to California. Now that we are home after being gone for almost 2 1/2 weeks I don't know what to do first, mow the lawn, empty the trailer, shave.......I think I will just go to bed.

We had a great time and already reserved our camping spot for next year. I wish I would have met more people from here online, I just was having too much fun to even think about it. Thanks for coming over and introducing yourself Brian.

Now off to bed :hyper:

Wow cool I just became a" advanced" member :rolleyes:

I seen that Dan got the piccies up on thr TTC site! Some really good ones too!

Al even sported his best team jersey in one with Dean, and MichLin(Mr Casual) looked great too with Daniel!

You should get a print of them!

Now if Hanna can just talk someone out of one of them jerseys! :rolleyes: