Tl 125

brian r

Interesting little bike.

It looks to me as if the shocks top mount has been moved and the jug looks larger than a 125. Am I imagining it?

BTW, coil wire doesn't screw out and Honda has new ones for $65.00.

Anyone know of an after market co or an OEM one that would have one that the wire could be replaced in?

• 2 weeks later...

A few years ago, there was an article published in Dirt Rider magazine about replacing 'non-replaceble' coil wires on Honda coils. It was in the Trail Tips department, sorry I can't remember the name of the guy that submitted it.

Anyway, what he did was yank the old wire out of the coil, then solder a small screw into the hole it came out of. A new wire could then be screwed onto the coil, the same way you would screw a spark plug cap onto the other end of the wire.

I haven't tried doing this myself, but it sounds like it might be worth a try, especially for an older bike that you don't want to spend much money on.

Yeah, I did something very similar. I took a small brass screw and screwed it into the coil were the wire was coming out. I then soldered a new coil wire to the screw. I put silicone around the screw/wire and put a peice of hose over the whole thing. I then put silicone on the outside of the hose to help keep it in place. I think I might want to use a silicone that's stiff over that area though to keep it from bending at the joint and breaking.

I have fixed a number of those coils by cutting off the wire where it needs to be repaired and inserting a straight pin halfway down the center of the wire. Then I cut of the head of the pin and insert a new wire over the headless end. Put a dab of silicone just where the wires come together in the middle of the pin. Wrap with electrical tape and you are done. If you need to cut the old wire off flush with the coil, use the same technique as previously said but use more silicone for thew final coat. Let the silicone harden before using!