On what would have been day one of the Reeth Three Day and the launch of the 2020 Scott Trial and after much consideration and deep regret, Richmond Motor Club have made the difficult decision to cancel this years Scott Trial.
Even though some trials are now being allowed and the Dales are starting to open up it was felt that if the Scott was to run this year there would be so many restrictions and changes that the very essence of the trial would be so badly compromised that it was better to cancel this year and come back with a true Scott in 2021. Some of these restrictions and changes would include no awards presentation, no results on the day (it would be immensely difficult to run a safe results room with the number of people needed to produce them on a very tight schedule), no spectators or rider back up teams (very difficult to marshal everyone sticking to the Covid 19 rules) and petrol stops would be impossible to run with the social distancing and PPE needed for the multiple volunteers not to mention the risks to them. There are many, many different strands to the Scott all of which we have thought very carefully about.
There is also the additional strain to the Emergency Services including the Swaledale Mountain Rescue Team and most importantly we needed to put the safety and welfare of all our landowners at the forefront of our discussions.
We hope you all understand this very difficult decision and look forward to seeing you all for an epic Scott Trial next year.